Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Dark Night in Colorado


Like many others I woke up to the news Friday morning that there had been a shooting at a midnight movie screening in Aurora, Colorado.  I immediately surmised that it had taken place during the "Dark Knight Rises" premier there and sadly my suspicions proven correct.  How horrible.

The actions were that of a deranged lunatic that needed an excuse to do grievous harm to those who were simply enjoying a night out.   I am sickened and appalled by this terrible tragedy.  My first thought was to encourage people to go and see the movie and stand up to those who would ruin the normalcy of our daily lives. Upon further consideration, I thought my reasoning selfish.  As a fan of Batman, I naturally wanted to see the latest movie succeed.  What I should have encouraged people to do was keep each other close and go about their lives and not let those who would do us harm change the way we do things.

Now I'm learning that people are using the movie to defy the evil that was inflicted on those poor souls in Aurora.  How courageous and how like the symbol of the Batman to raise our spirits and fill our hearts with hope.  People can use any method they want to honor those that have fallen in Colorado but if they use the same inspiration as the character of Batman does then what better way to counteract the evil that would seek the ruination of our lives.

My thoughts are with those people in Aurora, Colorado.  If you want to contribute and assist those victims of that terrible night a list of charities have been compiled by Giving First and you can reach it by following the link.

Courage.



No comments:

Post a Comment